Year Built: 1868
Original Deed Photocopy from 1868
John H. Lane purchases home from land owner/developer/politician Abraham B. Congers, who the town of Congers is name after.
Second Deed - 1908
Upon Mr. Lane's death, the property is transferred to Edith Lane.
Deed - 1938
Anna Brems purchases the property.
This map shows the original 4 homes (3 are identical to 116 Hudson Ave.) as well as the original owners of each, such as prominient brick manufacturers and bank executives. The streets Hudson and Fairmount have yet to be built.
This is just a section of this large map. It shows the original 4 homes with Hudson, Clove, and Fairmount Street. Directly across the street is the Haverstraw High School, which existed until it burned in a fire in 1934. Also in view is the original bridge over Gurnee Ave.
Former School Across the Street
118 Hudson Ave
114 Hudson Ave
112 Hudson Ave
The United States Hotel (now the Post Office)